My first time planting seeds (Seed Experiment #1) has been a success, thus far!
I have to say, I had no idea I could hang in there this long.
What kept me going were the seedlings themselves!
Each day I would check on them and give them the TLC I sensed that they needed.
I hung 2 grow lights from an old shelf in our basement.
It currently stores many of my workbooks and materials from my work as a counselor, along with other 'stuff''-so please excuse the mess!
Additionally, on an out-of-the-way counter in the kitchen, I exchanged the under-the-cupboard florescent lights with more grow lights:
(To avoid 'legginess', I moved the flats up closer to the lights.
I used whatever I could find-so again, another mess)!
From this packet of seeds:
...came these tiny leaves:
...and here is the Petunia today!
From these seed packets:
These have developed:
(I'll do a separate post on my Lobelia...I have a surprise to share)!
The Salvia seeds have given an impressive turnout:
Here they are as seedlings:
...and now, Salvia plants!
Because I had lost the Texas Bluebonnet and Johnny Jump Ups that I'd started, I decided to plant some Dwarf Impatiens and some Thyme. (I still have so many of those little peat pots left over that I could have filled with seeds. I'll keep them for next year (hopefully they'll still be good).
I used color-coded toothpicks for labels this time!
Here are some Impatiens seedlings:
and, as 'just-about' plants!
...and some Thyme
and some larger Thyme:
(I decided to put them in a larger pot since they were beginning to 'crawl'...and needed room)!
So as you can see, my seed experiment has been a success! I am now just waiting until they are just a bit larger to put them in the garden. I might start to harden them off now, and then leave them outside until I can find some places for them in the garden...
Hope you enjoyed my experiment as much as I have!
--Today I am thankful for a successful seed experiment!