Harry got into a bag of grapes and I had to rush him to the emergency vet clinic this evening.The bag had been sitting on the end table next to my chair when I got up quickly and left the room to talk with my son. A few minutes later I re-entered the room and found Harry with the empty bag. I remembered leaving about 15-20 grapes in the bag. I immediately took him to the vets where they gave him an injection to make him produce the goods. Yep, he'd eaten them all.
Because he is a small dog, they wanted to be sure any that remained in his stomach won't get absorbed into his system, so they gave him charcoal. They have to keep him for 48 hours, hooked up to an IV and under observation. They say he will be fine, that it's just the proper protocol for this situation. Otherwise, he could have serious kidney damage, kidney failure or even death. So, I am thankful that Harry is going to be okay. I'm going to miss him during the next 2 days. I'm not happy with myself that I forgot to remove the bag of grapes from the table when I left the room. But I can't beat myself up over it. I've never made a mistake like this before. I guess that's why these things are called 'accidents'.
What gifts have you discovered today?
Until next time,